First Day at Work..

Friday, April 02, 2010 Edit This 4 Comments »
The last Blog I wrote was German Effect ( sumtym in Feb 2010 ) and after that now I gt some tym to contribute. The best part is that today I am kinda free . Free because I have completed half of my MBA ( WOW !! ) n Kinda because My intern has started..

Today was the first time, first day at Work in my Life..

The day started in a tizzy mode. Excited because going 4 work 4 first tym n tensed because the place z new, people r new , n college faculties have given a long list of Do's n Dont's to us, so caution , caution n caution was d 1 word that was hovering around me.

With the nervous attitude , I entered the premises and waited for 5 mins. Although it was my second visit ( 1st was orientation ), I was feeling equally awkward to approach any1. Luckily, the person to whom I had to meet located me. She directed n introduced me to one f d accountants n accountant head. The accountant told me the basics of how a salary is computed for each individual n surprisingly for the first time I understood the concept of Tax Bracket ( upto Rs 1,60,000 - No tax n so on ) . I heard the changes of Tax bracket in the Latest Budget but dint know its working. I also came to knw how education fee can save taxes. I heard about education fee saving first time 1-2 months ago by my frnd Sunny bt ignored it bcz I dint understnd anythng abt such schemes or laws but today the concepts r atleast not naive to me.

After learning that, I was idle for half an hour because I was feeling inept to go agn to my Mentor. Dz tym also she located me n aftr that she made sure that I should not sit idle. Thereon I learned about Purchase, Journal, Payment n Freight Vouchers and many other basics things.

1 thing I dint understand : 'Why people drink so much Tea / Coffee in Office'? They served me thrice but after saying 'No' twice , I had to accept. Rest the ambiance n employees ( to whom I interacted ) r good.

The day that started with shrinking smile end up with content smile. Hope the coming two months will be a gr8 learning experience for me.

Gute Nacht ( Good Night ) for now..I have office tomorrw.

Will come soon..

4 comments:

botchavs said...

Hmm.. Nice post
'Why people drink so much Tea / Coffee in Office'?

Swati Jain... This is your first day. Just give it a few days. You will discover the answer by yourself.

Or wait...why don't you conduct a survey on that in your office? :D

The Wanderer said...

Teri woh raftar ho, roke se bhi tu na ruke,hasil kar aisa shikhar, parvat ki bhi nazre uthe..

Good Luck yaar!.. Hope you enjoy it!

kuch aisa kar ke dikha khud khush ho jaye khuda :)

Swati Jain said...

@ Vidya : Thnx 4 d idea..I wl definitely try to implement it..

@ Nishi : U r becoming professional in terms f ur poetry..God Bless u too.

Ya I wl try my best..

Surbhi Jain said...

I am sure you will get used to the coffee thing soon and you will be the part of people ordering coffee thrice a day ;)

Loved your blog!