A new beginning...

Monday, May 03, 2010 Edit This 5 Comments »

It has been 20 days now that I have entered into a new life. New life in terms of surroundings, ambience, neighbourhood ie we have shifted into new house ( from Joint family to Nuclear family ). I wanted to share and write about it earlier but due to shifting, setting at home, no internet facilities, relatives visit and office I dint get time. Today, I am kind of free at office so utilizing the time.


Around 10 days before the function ( the day of shifting ) , we decided that we should start with displacement of luggage from old house to new house. The day we started, the atmosphere became sentimental. The crying episode was started by my young cousin and continued by the elders. I dint cry because I was consoling others but from inside I was also feeling bad as separation after 22 years is difficult and the memories are unforgettable. In order to avoid the crying scene at home, we paused the work for 2 days.

We also went for family dinner so that every1 would feel better. After two days when we again started the shifting, we faced the same story. Finally, we decided that all the shifting will be done during night. Half of the things were shifted before the function and half were shifted after function.

The beginning in new home started with high fever and throat infection, two days leave from office without notice ( The Mentor’s number was misplaced ) followed by strict instructions from mentor regarding rules and regulations of office.

Now I m in new house but I dint feel much uncomfortable as I used to initially because on a regular basis, we go to old house and cousins come to our place. At times, I sleep there and at times they stay at my place. Actually it is good feeling now as often we have combined family dinners which were less often when we were together.

The best part is that finally I have my personal room now and all my belongings are in one room. Yuppy!! I am loving it. But still I will always remember my old house memories and missing the neighbourhood because good people and neighbours are difficult to find.

5 comments:

Chandni (Chanz) said...

i can understand how u must be feeling... long ago, I too underwent the same situation. And trust me, Its not that difficult once you get used to the new place... sometimes, I still miss my old house and everybody living together, the early morning gossips, watching TV till late night, having dinner together, celebrating festivals together... everything... But again the frequency increased when everybody moved out. We meet more often now.. And this is more special than what it used to be

ankit jain said...

Hmm... :)

Swati Jain said...

@ Chanz : Actually u r ryt to a gr8 extent but still it z diffcult to manage..i knw tht time wl heal evrythng :)

Evrythng has its +ves n -ves n I think it z time to appreciate d +ves.

Anyway Thanx 4 sharing ur views ..

@ Ankit : Gud comment:)

dhruv said...

swati, congrats over new house..... it was pleasent reading ur post, people like me who have no permanent address dont relate much with it though as "shifting happens lot faster for hostelites!!!!"

Swati Jain said...

@ Dhruv : Thanx Alot..I agree wd u that shifting is common 4 u people , but for me it z d 1st ever exp so diffcult to manage.